Policy Regarding Coronavirus Pandemic
Montgomery Eye Physicians & Surgeons
Policy Regarding COVID-19 Pandemic – Updated 5/11/20
Governor Larry Hogan has recently announced that elective and non-urgent medical procedures and appointments can resume as of 5/07/20. While we would like to welcome all of our patients back to the practice, we will continue to limit in-office visits to those with emergent issues and advanced ocular conditions which need close monitoring. The health and safety of our patients and staff remain our top priority.
To those patients who are coming to the office, we want to assure you that we have adopted the following procedures to make your visit as safe and comfortable as possible:
- All patients will be screened for sick symptoms prior to their appointments.
- Patients will no longer be waiting in the waiting rooms. Upon your arrival, you will be directed to an exam room.
- Only patients are allowed in the office. No guests or visitors including family members will be admitted.
- Everyone in the office is required to wear a face mask or face covering which is to be worn properly at all times.
- Exam rooms are thoroughly disinfected after each and every patient.
If you are uncomfortable coming to the office, we will continue to offer telehealth (audio or visual) visits. If you are interested in this option, please inform one of our staff members.
For those patients awaiting surgery:
The surgery center has been working diligently to develop plans and protocols for reopening. They will be operating at reduced capacity to ensure your safety. We will be starting slowly by prioritizing the the most advanced cases for surgery (severe glaucoma, dense cataract) and scheduling the more routine surgeries at a later date. Either our surgical coordinator or your doctor will be contacting you in the next few days to discuss your surgery.
If you are having an eye emergency, please call our office at 301-881-5888 to speak with us. Phones are open Monday-Friday from 9:00am-3:00pm. For non-urgent matters, you may reach us by email at email@example.com. We will respond to your email within 24-48 business hours.
This notice will be updated as our policies and procedures evolve and more information becomes available.
Thank you for your continued patience, support and cooperation during this time. Please stay safe and healthy.
Drs. Kane, Park and Zeller