Policy Regarding Coronavirus Pandemic
Montgomery Eye Physicians & Surgeons
Policy Regarding COVID-19 Pandemic – Updated 7/10/20
Both our Rockville and Gaithersburg offices are open for patient visits. The doctors’ schedules have been significantly modified to allow for social distancing among our patients. If your appointment in March-May was cancelled, please call the office to reschedule if you have not already done so. We are trying to see as many patients as possible while making your visit as safe as possible. The health and safety of our patients and staff remain our top priority.
To those patients who are coming to the office, we want to assure you that we have adopted the following procedures to make your visit as safe and comfortable as possible:
- All patients will be screened for sick symptoms prior to their appointments and their temperatures will be checked upon arrival.
- Patients will no longer be waiting in the waiting rooms. Upon your arrival, you will be directed to an exam room.
- Only patients are allowed in the office. No guests or visitors including family members will be admitted.
- Everyone in the office is required to wear a face mask which is to be worn properly at all times.
- Exam rooms are thoroughly disinfected after each and every patient.
If you are uncomfortable coming to the office, we will continue to offer telehealth (audio or visual) visits. If you are interested in this option, please inform one of our staff members.
For those patients who need surgery/laser:
Our surgery center is open and has implemented new safety protocols. If you have not rescheduled your surgery or laser, please call us and ask to speak with the doctor’s surgical coordinator.
If you are having an eye emergency, please call our office at 301-881-5888 to speak with us. Phones are open Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm. For non-urgent matters, you may reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your email within 24-48 business hours.
This notice will be updated as our policies and procedures evolve and more information becomes available.
Thank you for your continued patience, support and cooperation during this time. Please stay safe and healthy.
Drs. Kane, Park and Zeller